Malware activity has been on a steady increase throughout the region, predominantly different variants of ransomware which encrypts and destroys data. The latest attacks have been triggered by email attachments that were opened infecting the PC, as well as, any network shares and drives it has access to.
As a reminder:
- Never open any attachments from an unknown sender, including:
- Missed FedEx delivery notices
- UPS Package delivery failures
- Never click any links within an email from an unknown sender
- PDFs & shipping notices also appear at links
- Look for misspellings in links – changes in 1 or 2 letter or substituted numbers
The ONLY method of recovery at this point are backups, specifically Datto & BitDefender. If your system gets infected, there is no known method to reverse the damage.
Talk to your co-workers and make sure everyone in your office is informed, your company’s data and infrastructure rely on everyone playing their part.
If you are uncertain or feel that your system has been compromised, we are here to answer any questions and help.
Links detailing the current attacks:
Products suggested to protect your system: