Audiovisual systems are essential to all kinds of businesses. If you’re looking to add a new room in your company building, or you are moving to a new office space, your AV needs can quickly become complex. AV integrators can provide essential expertise and services to tackle these issues for you. But what exactly does an AV integrator do, and how do you know if you need one?
What Does an AV Integrator Do?
AV integrators oversee the installation and management of your AV solutions. They work to ensure that technologies are integrated for maximum efficiency and productivity, and that everything is running smoothly.
From troubleshooting to repairing to maintaining your company’s AV system, AV integrators are essential to keeping your AV system healthy so that your day-to-day operations are not affected by any AV issues.
AV integrators also provide design and equipment services to effectively set you up with a new AV system that is properly integrated and standardized for easy management.
Signs You Need to Bring in an AV Integrator
AV systems can be complex to work with, especially when they are interacting with other systems. But how do you know if you need to bring in an AV integrator? Here are some top signs that it’s a good idea for your business:
- You need a complex AV solution.
- Your AV system needs to work with other system solutions.
- You want to make sure you’re getting the biggest return on your investment in the AV system.
- Your project is very large and you don’t have all the necessary resources to tackle it without assistance.
It’s important to keep in mind that the sooner you can bring in an AV integrator, the better. When they are involved from the start, they will be able to guide the design and installation process for a smoother and quicker process.
What to Look for With an AV Integrator
AV integration is a growing field, and you will likely have numerous candidates to choose from. When you’re deciding on the best AV integrator for the job, there are several important factors to consider:
- Customized solutions: Every company has different AV needs, and your potential AV integrator should provide solutions that address your unique challenges.
- Design services: The AV integrator should provide a design that is specific to your needs, cost-effective and addresses ongoing challenges.
- Ongoing support: An AV integrator should provide ongoing technical support and service to ensure that your system continues to run smoothly and that all issues can be addressed.
- Proven experience: Any potential candidate for your AV integrator position should have a history of successful projects to share and proven experience in the field.
- Current technologies: Your AV integrator should offer the latest high-quality technologies and demonstrate the ability to adapt and stay on top of all the latest innovations.
- Excellence in customer service: The AV integrator should have plenty of testimonials to share that show a commitment to excellent customer service.
What Are the Benefits of Working With an AV Integrator?
An AV integrator can be an essential member of your team, keeping your AV systems running without a hitch. Some of the top benefits of working with an AV integrator include:
- Cost-effective: By hiring an AV integrator, you ensure your AV system is designed to operate with maximum efficiency and minimal issues for cost savings over the long term. And when you involve them from the start of the planning process, they provide suggestions about details such as compatible building materials, ideal electrical outlet locations and conduit paths.
- Expertise: A professional AV integrator will bring an in-depth knowledge of AV systems to your project, which enables them to quickly identify and address any potential problems.
- Industry standards: AV integrators follow all industry standards for audiovisual design and installation so that your AV installation or integration projects will meet the highest quality standards while still being delivered on time and within budget.
- Prevent system failure: An AV system failure can result in costly downtime and repair. When you work with an AV integrator, they will work to prevent system failures from occurring and tackle any issues that arise, quickly and efficiently, to minimize any potential downtime.
- Successful project launch: Before your project goes live, AV integrators do thorough checks of the system to address any issues ahead of time so you can launch the project glitch-free.
- Streamlined communication: Another part of an AV integrator’s job is to make sure everyone is on the same page. They will work with other departments to ensure that everything goes smoothly to complete the project quickly while also keeping to your budget.
What to Expect During the Integration Process
AV integrators are highly knowledgeable in their field, making them the best option for installing your system. When an expert begins the integration process for your company, they will want to:
- Understand the project: First, the AV system integrator will want to get a better understanding of the area where your AV system will be installed. They will likely take a look at the current technology and equipment you have available to see what they can work with. They will be sure to ask questions to understand your vision and goals for the space.
- Plan the installation: The AV integrator will identify any potential problems and solve them for a smooth installation. To do this, they will run tests of the equipment off-site before bringing it into your company. This planning and testing will ensure the best and most efficient results.
- Establish the equipment: The installation should be quick and seamless. Having the equipment tested beforehand will speed things up.
- Identify post-installation requirements: When an installation is complete, an AV integrator will document all components of the equipment updates to simplify future maintenance and support. They will also offer on-site training for employees to ensure the correct use of the system. Additionally, the AV integrator will schedule regular appointments to check the equipment for any needed repairs.
What Happens After Installation?
Your world will become much smaller after installing an AV system. AV integration includes the ability to communicate across rooms, states and even countries. Online conferences, recorded videos and audio calls are simpler, and there’s no need to limit your team to one at a time. Multiple services can be going on at once, opening a whole new world of correspondence.
For example, if your company has offices worldwide, employees can have clear, real-time videoconferences as if they are all in the same room. Meeting people face-to-face is ideal and can bring connection and humanness to your company. Overall, AV integration offers convenience and effectiveness that is unmatched in any other form of communication.
If something with your AV system goes wrong, there’s no need to troubleshoot the electrical circuits, updates, hardware or software — your integrator is one call away. You can rely on the experts to handle any future maintenance.
Contact Morefield Communications Today About Integrated AV Systems
At Morefield Communications, we provide technology solutions for a wide range of businesses. With more than 70 years of experience, you can trust us to provide your company with expert installation and care for your integrated solutions.
To find out more about our services and how we can help your business, contact us today.