Morefield is seeking individuals that are passionate about technology and have a desire to work for a dynamic and growing technology services organization. Expert solutions and outstanding service drive success, and we seek the same attributes in our employees. At Morefield, we provide a work environment that encourages creativity, rewards high performance, enables a true work-life balance, and provides the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We celebrate and respect the diversity of the background of our employees, their professional and personal experience, and the wide variety of roles we each contribute to our company. Based on our Core Values, we will achieve greater success as a company, as well as personal success, by being a diverse group of individuals who enthusiastically contribute our strengths and support each other’s. Our combined strengths will empower us to achieve our purpose. We help organizations make smart technology decisions enabling their success.
The Technology Advisor’s purpose is to attain a high level of client satisfaction, retention, and expansion, with a focus on overall technology strategies as they relate to the business goals and use of technology as a strategic consulting resource for assigned clients. The Technology Advisor conducts appointments with assigned client’s decision-making teams on a regularly defined schedule to develop familiarity with the business environment, foster a strategic relationship, evaluate and prioritize alignment issues according to business risk, communicate technology recommendations as they relate to business outcomes, develop short and long term technology roadmaps, assist with project budgeting and planning, and inform and educate on trends in technology and service. The Technology Advisor will also assist the Professional Services and Service Desk teams with scoping IT initiatives and reviewing service trends to deliver technology success for assigned clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular strategic planning and review meetings for assigned clients, with a mix of remote and on-site visitations, following a repeatable client interaction process.
- Establishes a business relationship with assigned clients and maintains constructive and regular communications to establish a high degree of client trust and satisfaction.
- Maintains business awareness with specific knowledge of the client’s goals, challenges, and opportunities, and how projects and services relate to their business strategy.
- Contribute to technology assessment reviews, identifying and prioritizing business risks according to misalignments.
- Develop and maintain strategic technology roadmaps identifying the timeline for decision making around infrastructure and asset management, and technology improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain technology budgets for projects and improvements in relation to the strategic technology roadmap.
- Identify and review technology improvement projects and recommendations as they relate to business goals and strategy.
- Review service and support trends with Centralized Services and Service Desk to identify concerns or areas for improvement.
- Works closely with Network Administration and Technical Alignment Management teams to ensure adherence to technology standards, create improvement recommendations, and manage business risk.
- Assist with continued development, updating and maintenance, of company technology standards to drive proactive technology alignment and reduce technology risks.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Technology Advisor process and procedural documentation.
- Manage overall client relationship and expectations and assist with resolving escalated issues with leadership.
- Participate with Project and Service teams to successfully onboard new clients.
- May assist with compliance audits and make recommendations for improvement.
- Manages and/or generates escalated service tickets and ensures their resolution.
- Works with other internal departments effectively to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provides technical assistance, training and mentorship as needed to other technical resources.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by continuing education, professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Understands the objectives of the Technology Advisor as well as the role and function of internal team members to deliver technology success.
- Enters time and expenses in PSA as it occurs. Enters all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into PSA.
- Understands processes in PSA by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the PSA learning module.
- Follows all company safety policies, including proper use of PPE, MSDS, lock and tag and others.
- Participates in After-Hours On-Call schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology required.
- Five years’ experience in designing, deploying, and supporting information technology required.
- Professional IT certifications from Microsoft, Cisco and others preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to link IT systems to business objectives; knowledge of technology trends; experience with IT budgeting
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes with the ability to understand the big picture in order to make the right tradeoffs to support the overall business strategy.
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity, results-orientation with effective written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Interpersonal skills such as in-person/telephone/video communication skills, active listening, and client-care.
- Technical competence in the use of PSA and other software programs.
- Understanding of all Morefield solutions and services.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift to 40 pounds