Morefield is seeking individuals that are passionate about technology and have a desire to work for a dynamic and growing technology services organization. Expert solutions and outstanding service drive success, and we seek the same attributes in our employees. At Morefield , we provide a work environment that encourages creativity, rewards high performance, enables a true work-life balance, and provides the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We celebrate and respect the diversity of the background of our employees, their professional and personal experience, and the wide variety of roles we each contribute to our company. Based on our Core Values, we will achieve greater success as a company, as well as personal success, by being a diverse group of individuals who enthusiastically contribute our strengths and support each other’s. Our combined strengths will empower us to achieve our purpose. We help organizations make smart technology decisions enabling their success.
The Technical Analyst II’s purpose is to attain a high level of client satisfaction by providing effective remote network & IT help desk support. The Technical Analyst II is responsible for repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers, servers, network devices, and other related IT equipment. This position will remotely diagnose and troubleshoot client problems to resolve network & IT Support tickets. Proper record keeping of all services performed using our ticketing system is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and troubleshoot multiple tickets using time-management and organizational skills. Technologies supported include:
- Hyper-V and VMware environments
- Windows Operating Systems Essential
- LAN and WAN
- Uses PSA to work on service tickets as assigned.
- Assists clients using remote access tools, live chat, and via telephone.
- Investigates reported client problems, determines cause, tests and implements solutions.
- Performs application installations and upgrades.
- Provides technical support for computer hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems for client end users.
- Escalates issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Interfaces with vendor / manufacturer technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
- Communicates with clients, keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Updates documentation in CRM, PSA, and other documentation tools.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Communicates with all parties in a constructive manner to ensure client expectations are met.
- Maintains business awareness with specific knowledge of the client and how projects and services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by continuing education, professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Enters time and expenses in PSA as it occurs. Enters all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into PSA.
- Understands processes in PSA by completing assigned training materials.
- Participates in After-Hours On-Call schedule.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of IT applications, networks, hardware, software, industry standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and other IT peripherals.
- Proven experience with Azure, O365, Hyper-V and VMware environments, VPN’s and Windows Operating Systems essential.
- Experience with LAN and WAN technologies.
- Excellent ability to communicate both orally and in writing and be able to read, interpret and apply written information.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and troubleshoot multiple tickets using time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Professional IT certifications from Microsoft, Cisco and others preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Technical competence in the use of PSA, CRM and other software programs.
- Understanding of all Morefield solutions and services.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.