Operating during a pandemic forces business owners, educational administrators and government employees to question how to transition to a remote workforce. Until recently, most institutions were unprepared for a global event with the power to close businesses, schools and other workplaces. That lack of resources and procedures can cause an array of issues for normal operations.
What Is a Remote Workforce?
A remote workforce is a team that works from home instead of reporting to an office, government building or classroom. Remote workforces got their start in the 1970s when IBM allowed some employees to work from home part-time. Since then, remote work has spread to a variety of industries like:
- Teaching and tutoring.
- Customer service.
- Project management.
- Writing and editing.
- Account management.
- Medical coding.
- Data analysis.
Working from home looks different depending on your industry and individual role. Regardless, many of the things you use every day are not as easily available when your employees cannot come into work. Technology, communication services, strong Internet connections and IT support are all resources that can cause issues when your employees cannot access them.
Tips for Moving Your Company to Remote Work
Morefield Communications is an industry expert in remote work solutions. We have decades of experience, and we want to share our tips for moving a company remote:
- Ensure everyone has the technology and resources they’ll need.
- Take new security precautions to keep your data safe in and out of the office.
- Empower your employees to create an efficient setup for remote work.
- Evaluate whether your management style is effective for employees working from home.
- Enjoy the freedom remote work affords you and your employees.
Getting Back to the Office With Advanced Screening Technology
When you return to the workplace, give your employees the peace of mind they deserve. We offer a no-contact automated temperature scanning system. The technology gauges body temperature within 0.3 degrees Fahrenheit in less than a second. The interface communicates whether an employee’s temperature is within the normal range. It also gives them instructions on where to go if it detects abnormal temperatures. The scanner can determine whether someone is wearing a mask and ask them to wear one if they are not.
Elevated body temperature is one of the first symptoms of a virus or other illness. Screening your employees as they enter the workplace ensures your company is doing all it can to keep its employees safe as they transition back to working on-premises.
These units are standalone units that operate without an attendee or extra equipment. Compared to invasive screening procedures with healthcare professionals and greater risk of exposure, your investment in a temperature scanning system is a cost-effective solution for promoting workplace safety. The scanner is also compatible with other workplace systems like cameras.
Why Partner With Morefield Communications?
Morefield Communications can help you in every step toward transitioning to a remote workforce and back again. We understand the complications inherent to transitioning your workforce to remote work. Besides physical security technology, Morefield Communications offers:
- Cloud and managed services: Bringing your documents and data to the cloud is the key to encouraging efficient, organized remote work. Cloud services can also lower maintenance costs, which boosts your business’s profits.
- IT solutions: Our managed IT and networking services help reduce overhead costs by cutting down on the time and resources it takes your IT personnel to solve technical problems. Your team will run into plenty of issues as they acclimate to remote work, and our services will help you reduce downtime.
- Cybersecurity services: Remote employees might be outside your network. We’ll help you keep your institution’s private data safe from breaches.
- Unified communications solutions: Correspondence between coworkers is crucial for efficient operations and customer satisfaction. We offer a variety of services that make communication between employees easy, no matter the distance between them.
- Audio/visual solutions: Working from home involves as much collaboration as going into the office. Our video conferencing and remote work solutions help your team communicate effectively. We provide conference room design, computer networking and control system integration for increased efficiency and performance.
Connect With Morefield Communications to Ease the Transition
It’s time to prepare for the next time your workplace has to transition to a remote work model. The team at Morefield Communications is ready to connect with you and choose the best services for your company or institution. Contact us today for more information.